Hello guys! What I like in IM is that there is a shit ton of methods to test, and a shit ton of methods that works. BUT as you may already experienced, if you don’t have the thinking behind the process you’ll get nowhere with the method alone. So I’m here to explain you a case study of how I made 1000 $ (actually even more but, whatever) in 14 days, using CPA+Youtube.
A little background to begin. As you can guess, this was NOT my first experience ever in CPA marketing. So maybe don’t expect to achieve exact same results on your first try. But if you do at least a few $, you’re definitely better than most who tried. I must also say that I’m not an expert in CPA either, so you can pretty much expect to have better results than me if you trying hard in that field.
Note: This recording has been taken at 9 am. Obviously, I did more than 17.20$/day to reach 1000+$
I hope this GIF motivated you a little bit. Because now you’re going to work!
The method involved here is Youtube+CPA. So basically: upload videos on Youtube with CPA link, users click on your link, land on your landing page and you bank. Simple, web server
Step 1. Keyword. Keyword. KEY-FUCKING WORDS
So first you need to do is find an idea. Finding the subject of your content is what’s called “finding a niche”. You may think:
Well, I already have an idea, let’s jump to step 2 !
Even if you already know what you will be talking about, you still need to do some keyword research, otherwise, you will fail. If you don’t know your niche yet, then start scratching your head. What’s hot now? What would you promote? What are people searching right now?
Even like that, it’s sometimes hard to pull fresh ideas when you need some. A tool that i found very helpful though is KeywordsEverywhere . It’s a plugin for Chrome and Firefox that will display keyword volume on your everyday google AND youtube search.
Moreover, it will facilitate your mind to enter in “keyword search mode”. What I mean by that is that you need to consistently search for keywords ideas, and write down the good ones, even if you don’t plan to work on them now or ever. But this way, if you need, you’re not stuck you already have ideas to dig.
After you found a potential idea, you need to check if it can be profitable. For now, I’m going to focus on the current method (Youtube CPA) but don’t forget that if your keyword is not suitable to this method, it may be for others (Amazon, Clickbank, Adsense or whatever). Two handy to use for that are vidIQ and YoutubeMaster.
vidIQ is a chrome extension that you can download for free. It will allow you to push further your keyword research by displaying useful data as seen here :
You have access to easy-to-read metrics like keyword score, but as all metrics, it can be very inaccurate sometimes.
YoutubeMaster on the other hand is for more experienced people. In two clicks you can have access to all the data you want without even browsing Youtube. One thing you can do for instance is checking your competitors’ tags. If their tags are not optimized, you have a chance to outrank them quite easily. For that you can use the Tags Scraper tab :
What you might be searching for is keywords with little to zero tags in the video results. That means the keyword is very low competition and that you can rank very easily on this keyword.
Personally, I usually tend to search keywords with very low competition and high intent, without caring much about volume. Volume doesn’t need to be that high, even if I got 10 people/day on my video and only one convert, I still got an amazing ROI, as my setup cost is near to zero.
Step 2. Building your landing page
Now that you have your golden nugget keyword, you need to build your website. But first, you need a CPA network. My favorite one for incentive traffic like that is Adludum. They have an awesome support and a wide range of offers with high payout. Definitely worth mentioning. If that doesn’t fit your needs, there are many other networks around the web so I’m sure you will find one that suits you.
The landing page is usually not a problem. What I do most of the time is ripping an existing one. You search your keyword on Google/Youtube, check for a CPA website, and rip their page using HTTrack. It’s an easy tool that will basically copy the entire website. If your keyword doesn’t have CPA websites related to it yet (well done!) you can still use this method by ripping a landing page from another niche and then changing texts and illustrations to match your own niche.
Usually, you just have then to change the existing locker with your own and voila! You’re done.
Step 3. Make a video & upload it on Youtube
To make a video, I usually follow this process :
- Download my CPA offer using HTTrack
- Upload the CPA offer files on my landing page webserver
- Editing the files so that it unlocks the locker when I input garbage.
- Recording myself (using CamStudio) going to the landing page, then clicking on the locker, then I change URL to the edited offer above (this part is cut after of course…), I fill the edited CPA offer, show that I obtain whatever I promised first and voila!
- Editing the video (using Adobe Premiere Pro): Cut some parts to make it believable when I fake things, adding sound like if I actually received a confirmation SMS if it is a PIN submit offer, etc… Make sure all the details are ok and that you would trust your own video if you didn’t know CPA existed. Quality > Quantity.
Then you need to rank that video.
I think it’s here that most people fail. Ranking a video Youtube isn’t that hard, but you need to do it properly. Here’s my quick checklist that I go through for every video :
- AMAZING Thumbnail : Seriously, for me, I think it is the most common mistake. You need to have an outstanding thumbnail, that even if your video is ranking #3, you got the user click before the #1. And it’s not that hard! I like to go on Canva and just edit a template that suits my need. Add a big heading text, nice colors and voila! You got an outstanding thumbnail. Here’s an example of what I think is a good thumbnail
- Title : Again, you need something that stands out. No one wants to watch “hack clash of clans”, I’d rather wanna watch “NEW AMAZING HACK CLASH OF CLANS (2018)” (you get the point).
- Description : You want to “cut” your descriptions into 2 parts. First, the part that user will see :
This first part should contain your primary keyword, be attractive and be around 100-150 characters long (to be displayed on search results excerpt). It is important to really work on this one to put your keyword and increase your CTR. Then you have the second part. You got 4850 characters free space to put what you think is worth it. You can put for instance a longer description of your video content, link to your landing page, social media links etc.. I try to never go below 500 words on that.
- Tags : You have 500 characters space. Use it. Fill the maximum related keywords you can. For that you can use your competitors’ tags, input them manually, or (what I prefer of course) make them generated by YoutubeMaster.
You input your primary keyword, click on “Generate tags” and it’s done. You can edit some of them, but most of the time I don’t even touch as it is already near to perfect.
If that suits your video or if you want to build a solid channel, definitely add some annotations and end-cards (and make sure you add an end-screen for them while editing the video if you do so). Most of the time for CPA videos it is not necessary though.
After that you put it in “Unlisted”, you publish, blast some HR (High Retention) Youtube Views, some likes and some manual comments and you’re done. Just let it bank, and answer to eventual queries in the comments to increase the number of comments. For HR views make sure they really are HR and always check the retention time. It needs to be at least at 50% of your video length, so if your video lasts 10 minutes, don’t buy 3 min HR views. Youtube updates quite often so I can’t recommend any panel on this post as panels that are working change over time so 😉 But if you’re searching for one you can hit me up using the contact page and ask me what I use at the moment and I’ll be glad to answer, no problem for that.
After that you just have to let the money flow !